1) I had my first doctors apt on Monday. I am 15 weeks today and everything looked great! My due date is Feb 20th!
2) I finished Breaking Dawn last night. I liked it, I am glad I read it, but I liked the first 3 books better.
3) The last 2 nights I have slept good! (it seems like I have not had a good night's sleep since I got pregnant)
4) Lynn and I went white water rafting with Aikele's on Friday and had so much fun.
5) My new Don Aslett's mop came in the mail last week and I am finally motivated to keep my floor clean!
If anyone wants zucchini please come on over and get some. We have a lot right now.
I don't make a lot of soup in the summer, but here is one of my favorite recipes with zucchini!
Garden Chowder
2 medium zucchini , chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 T fresh parsley, minced
1 t dried basil
1/3 c flour
1 t salt
2 c cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 t pepper
3 c chicken broth
1 t lemon juice
2-3 tomatoes, diced
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
1 can (14 oz) corn
1/3 c parmesan cheese, grated
Over med heat, saute zucchini, onion, parsley and basil in butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Stir in Chicken broth. Add lemon juice; mix well. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 min. Add tomatoes, milk and corn; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 min. Just before serving stir in cheese.
Give it a try. It is in my top 3 favorite meals!
And don't forget to get your zucchini from me!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
YOu didn't tell me you ended up getting the MOP! I am so excited to hear what you think of it.
If you come to the fair, stop by and see our cows!
Is this the yummy soup we had at your house!!! We loved it and I cannot wait to try it!! Hey thanks again for coming on Friday! We had a blast! It was definitely one of the highlights of our summer!!
Thanks for the recipe! I'll have to try it. I've been trying to find another way to fix zuccini. I also have more than I need.
Yeah for happy news at the doctor. It is always nerve racking to me to go to the first appointment. Glad to hear baby Erin/Lynn #3 is well.
Maybe you could send some zuccini down with the camera that you send with your mom (is she still going to visit?). Thanks for being the caretaker of the camera. Next time I visit I won't forget it!
Love ya!
Breanne
I can't believe you're 15 weeks...you'll find out the gender your next appt won't you? Anyway, I would love to teach you how to make booties and they actually have videos on the internet you can watch and patterns to follow, but I want to make you a pair so let me know if the baby is a boy or a girl:D I hope you're going to be in Utah for Christmas? I'll be there from the 18th to Jan 7...hopefully we can see each other then.
Hey Erin,
Karli Cleaver would like to be invited to your blog her email is
Karli_jo77@hotmail.com
also i have been signing into your blog using your email and password that lynn sent to kelsey, so if you have room to add my email to you list that would be great!
sunshiney.gal@gmail.com
Post a Comment