Monday, January 26, 2009

Projects

Project #1
Pantry- Wow! I didn't realize how bad it was. It still needs some work, but it is a ton better. After a little organizing I now see that it is pretty empty. I think we will make a trip to Sams Club to fill it up!



Project #2
Baby Blankets-I made a cover for the car seat and a blanket for the car seat. I also made a baby blanket for this new little guy. Once we have a name I will put it on the blanket.




Project #3
Dog House- it is not done yet, I have not wanted to work on it since it started snowing. I wanted a dog house for Roxie, but I didn't want to spend any money on one. There is a house being built in our neighborhood so I asked if I could have some of the wood in their dumpster. It is far from perfect, but it keeps her out of the wind. I also got some shingles from the dumpster and will put those on later.


Project #4:
Jaxon- Keeping track of the Binky lately had been quite a project. He is super attached and it seems like in the last 2 weeks we have lost like 6. Last night I sewed his Binky to his favorite stuffed dog Spike. Spike more than triples the size of the Binky and hopefully will keep it from bouncing down the store aisles and rolling 6 benches away during church! I wasn't sure if Jaxon would like his dog to be permanently attached to his Binky but he does not seem to mind.









10 comments:

The King's said...

That is a lot of projects but hey with a baby on the way you want to get as much done as you can. I love the picture of Jaxon with the cowboy hat and gun, he is such a cute kid.

Kirsten said...

Ya, I think I had at least that many projects going the last couple weeks of my pregnancy too! Nesting. What a weird thing! The pantry looks great! I LOVE it when I'm done organizing something. I feel so refreshed!

Kirsten said...

Oh, ya, the car seat covers and blanket look AWESOME!

Hi I'm Lindsey! said...

You are amazing. I love all the projects. I think the binky idea is my favorite because I REALLY don't like loosing and looking for binkies. All three of our kids have been attached and I think if we added all the time upcthat we looked for binkies it would add up to years..pr at least months:) We miss you guys.

Camie said...

That's great, Erin! Way to keep things in order!

Alisha said...

Your so awesome to be able to get all those things done! I am so impressed! Your pantry looks awesome! I wish I had one that big!

Cortnie said...

Wow you're keeping busy! I have also been going to clean out my pantry, as it really needs it. I love the binky idea. Hope you're feeling well, as well as you can. Keep us posted with the baby.
Sorry I didn't talk yesterday when you stopped by. The girls had been throwing up all morning and I didn't want ally around them.

Larsen said...

You go girl!!!

Love the dog house, that is awesome! You will have to paint it when it warms up a bit!!!!

Fun to see all the family photos and what you have been working on!

Gina

Em said...

yay!!! i LOVE that you sewed his binky on:-) brennan loves his hurley monkey, same idea. do you remember seeing him when we were with you guys? i can't believe you're doing all of these projects so close to delivery, wait, yes i can, nesting! i love the feeling of getting organized. i did our front closet yesterday. it was very rejuvinating!

Red Head Family said...

You must be nesting. I love going through spurts of getting a lot done-but then I am exhausted for a few days after. You have a creative mind.