Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I needed to run 3 miles today.  It's windy outside but warm, so I thought it would be fun to take the kids down to the high school track and let them ride bikes while I ran.  It sounded a lot better than the treadmill.  The track is a little over 1/2 mile from our house.  Out the neighborhood, down a paved road and across the school parking lot.  That would be the perfect warm up!  So we took off.  It did not turn out quite the way I thought... Jaxon hit every pot hole, rock, base ball, etc. that was on the road and managed to get high centered with his training wheels 6 times.  He even ran into Ali once.  It took us almost a half hour to get to the track and it was all locked up.  There was no way I was getting my double stroller over the fence, so we headed home, everyone disappointed and Jaxon throwing a fit.  After a few minutes he ended up in the stroller next to Weston with the bike on top of the stroller.  Ali took one look at this and started crying because she wanted in the stroller too.  We squished the 3 kids in to the stroller, piled the bikes and helmets on top and I pushed it all home.

Then I still had to run 3 miles on my treadmill.

Bummer of an outing!

I tried to get a picture, but by the time we got home, the kids were driving each other crazy and needed out!  

6 comments:

Brit said...

ha! I love it, is't life with 3 little ones a blast!

Chloe and Tyler said...

Wow, what an adventure:( Good memory down the road though right.

Em said...

ahhhhhhhh, hilarious b/c i've so been in that kind of moment. wishing it would just be over with.

Alisha said...

Been there! So sorry though! What a picture that would have been though!

Grandma / Mom / Pennie said...

Oh Erin, how disappointing for all of you.

Astles said...

Sounds like it was a workout enough just pushing all the bikes and stroller back. Bummer! Good stories though.